Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Well, I have finally started a blog. I hope to share my love for stamping and paper crafts. I would like to think that I would post daily, but I know that is not going to happen. Life often gets in the way of our good intentions.

I have been stamping for about 13 years. It all started with one Christmas stamp from PSX. I was going to make my own Christmas cards and save a lot of money. What a joke that was. So now, after a few thousand stamps, countless reams of cardstock and lots of bells and whistles that go along with everything, I consider myself a fairly seasoned stamper. As for saving money, I could buy a lifetime supply (for several people) of Hallmark cards for what I have spent on my little money saving scheme.

I have been busy the last while making wedding invites, place cards, waterbottle labels, thankyou cards etc. for 2 of my children. My daughter was married in June and my son is getting married in 2 weeks. It has been a busy summer. Thank goodness I retired in May. I figured this would be the perfect time because I would have enough to do that I would not miss my job and all the great people that I worked with. And so far, that has been the case. Not sure what will happen after all the wedding excitement is over.

Now, with this first post under my belt, I am off to learn a little about blogging and how I can customise my pages. I will post some pictures of the wedding invitations sometime later today.

Happy Day to you all.
Theresa in Kitimat

No comments: