Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Masculin cards, CST challenge

Hi everybody.  Hope your week is going well. 

 I have been busy finishing my Christmas cards.  All done-woohoo.  I will try hard to get them in the mail before the end of the week.  I have turned over a new leaf.  I usually get my cards  into the mail about Dec 20 knowing that they will arrive late but with the thought that late is better than never and maybe.. people will appreciate them more because the Christmas rush is over and they are still getting mail.  Who am I trying to kid :-)?

Anyway, I am tired of Christmas cards so decided to add cards to the CST challenge that were not Christmas related.  This weeks challenge was to make cards that were for a man or boy.

This first card is one I made a while ago for my Dad.  It is a pretty simple card, but took a fair bit of time to create.  I think the card measures about 5 X 6.  The base card is white cs.  The whale silhouette  is one I had saved to my computer a long time ago.  Sorry, I so not know who made it and I lost the template  in a computer crash.
Anyways, I printd it out and then used that as a template and cut it out of black paper with my X-acto knife.
I glued the cut out to a dyed dryer sheet for the blue background and then cut around everything leaving the narrow border.  I think the finished card ended up looking quite dramatic.



This next card is one I just finished.  It has gone into my "for sale" stash (for Relay for Life).
It is pretty straight forward.  The image and sentiment are from a wonderful stamp set made by Sugarloaf Products.  I have done a search and can't find a link for them so I am not sure if they are still in business.  I used Nestabilities for the scallop and to cut the image out.  The twig is a real twig I got from my yard.
The inside of the card has a sentiment that says "You're HOW old?"  This is also from the same set.

Sorry,  the card is crooked.  I was not very careful when I scanned it.  Got to work on that.

Hope you liked my cards today.  Any questions...just email me.
Wishing you all a Happy Day
Theresa in Kitimat

3 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Theresa!
The whale card is amazing, and I got a kick out of the Leapin' Lizards!

SherylH said...

Two great cards Theresa -- I can't imagine doing all the cutting around the whales and the lizard one is so cute.

Heather said...

That whale cutout is fabulous!