Thursday, June 9, 2011

CST challenge


I got a new embossing folder, made by "Craft Concepts".  Love it.  It doesn't show up in the scan, but I embossed the tree on a piece of white textured paper that has a very light grey speckle.  Then sponged that with brown and sage green and brown around the outside.  Stamped the For You(Stampin Up) with sage ink and then mounted it on sage base card.  I punched the bird from orange cs sponged with brown and then added with pop dots. 
 I make my cards mainly to sell to raise money for our local "Relay for Life".  I have found that people are much more willing to spend $1.00 for a card that takes 10 minutes to make than $3.00 for a card that takes an hour.  So my cards are becoming simpler and simpler.

This next card is the one I made for a CST (Canadian Stamp Talk) color challenge.  The colors to use were
Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise, and Regal Rose.  The card is basically the same as the last one except I used the required colors and added the die cut tag and ribbon.

That is it for today.  Hope you are all having a good one.
Theresa in Kitimat

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Truly gorgeous! Love the technique you employed here. Wowza!

P.S. Yes, followers are gone AGAIN. Grrrr. Blogger.

Scrappy Doo said...

That tree embossing folder is awesome. I never heard of Craft Concepts. I should check it out-- er, maybe not-- too much money being spent on the net right now. haha