Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tealight luminary

I am being featured as a guest designer on Leeanne's blog, ArtfulDelight .  She has designed and released a new stamp set called Sunny Days and it is a great little set.  It is a photopolymer clear set, making it very easy to position and stamp with.
This is the first project I made.  It is a tealight  luminary and each panel measures 2 1/2 X 3 1/2.  I made it this size so that I could make one using only one piece of cs.  Also, that is the size that would fit over the little glass container that holds the tealight. The sentiment also fits well at this size.  I used my nestabilities and scor-pal to create the panels.  Notice the 1/4 inch flap at the bottom for the tape to hold everything together.
Next, I used this as a template to cut and stamp my vellum. I stamped the vellum with black ink and colored the backside with prismacolor pencils. Just a note- because I made the vellum one piece so that it would look good on the inside of the luminary, I had to cut the vellum a tiny bit smaller the long way and score it carefully so that it would fit inside the black outer layer.I then taped the two pieces together at the top and bottom with scor-tape.  I used my nesties again to cut the four red frames and adhered them around the openings. I then taped the flap and had my little openended box.    The last step was to stamp the sentiment 4 times on black cs with gold embossing powder and cut out the piece to measure 1/2" by 10" and tape this around the bottom.
And I was done.  I hope you like this little project and go to check out Leeanne's blog.  There are some more great ideas posted there, using this set.
I will post more of the things I made as Leeanne puts them on her blog.

Bye for now and Happy Day.
Theresa in Kitimat            


helloholley said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love it!!! ;)

BellsInSpires said...

Hi Theresa!
thanks so much for visiting my blog! i love this luminary idea, very simple and pretty!